My best work happens at 3am.

I don't believe in sleep. I think it is the biggest waste of time and I wouldn't participate in it but I would die.
3am particularly, is my hour. It is when I bake, when I have my best ideas, and when I try out all the random DIY stuff I find on Pinterest. Tonight's project was putting together handmade bird treats from seed. I found the how-to HERE.
I didn't have heart cookie cutters (or actually ANY cookie cutters) so I am drying mine as we speak in muffin tins. Hopefully I can flip them tomorrow morning and dry out the other side. 

Birdseed Wedding Favor Hearts
(Makes approximately 21 two-inch hearts)
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2.5 teaspoons)
  • 3 tbsp corn syrup
  • 4 cups birdseed
Mix flour, water, gelatin and corn syrup in big ass bowl. Add birdseed and stir well.
Press down into molds of your choice and let dry over night. 
 The website has further instructions on how to make a hole in them to hang them with twine.
It is important to note that while birdseed is just fine for chickens (mine even border on violence when they suspect me of holding out on them) it should never be used as a main food source because it has such a low protein percentage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by WPThemesExpert | Blogger Template by BlogTemplate4U